It’s finally here!!! And just like that it’s time for another season. We’ve had some cool changes that really change up the dynamics of both divisions and it’s going to be a lot of fun to see how it all shapes up. Just a couple of notes ahead of time:
- A new Rulebook will be released before play. Another post will go up on the website with the highlighted changes and a link to the pdf. Be on the lookout
- 3/25 Will be a Captain’s Meeting. For the B- Division it will also be a makeup week, for the A- Division there will be regular play. The meeting will take place before that, at 7:30. Location TBD
- Our Tournament Series will resume this season, look for dates to be released on Friday
- Folders for home and away teams will be dropped at match locations.
- The “Pound Town” team has moved from Bullfrogs to Lucky Bar 13
Now, onto the schedule:
So much change in this division! The Champions, Trotters, who came out of the #3 spot last season are one of the unchanged teams so the division has their evil empire to tackle. The A is welcoming two new teams, the St. Anne’s Knights of Columbus team who led wire to wire in the B-Division, took the playoffs, and lost a narrow match for the Grand Championship against Queens and a second McCarthy’s team. This team welcomes back Carl and Dave Don and an assortment of A-Division shots who are a total wildcard coming into the season. St. Anne’s and McCarty’s are ready for the A, but is the A ready for them? Brew House is going through a roster shakeup and while they always bring competition, who and how are going to be fun to see. Pound Town and McCarthy’s #1 come into the season largely unchanged but with such a new landscape in the division the results are completely up in the air.
Change is upon this division as well! Bullfrogs and Finnegan’s both have two teams… but all four rosters have had some changes. Finnegan’s #1 has added David Herrera, deepening their bench, and Finnegan’s #2 has completely reconfigured their shooters to take on the new season. Bullfrogs changes were more minor, but both teams are streamline and ready to play. Jack Walsh’s returns with it’s B-Division team as does Floral Park K of C. The Floral Park team has their eyes on the prize now that their rivals St. Anne’s has moved up… will anyone stop them? Enter the new team, Point Break, with two Queens B-Division standouts and a bunch of new players ready to see how they compete in Nassau. B-Divisions are always the hardest to predict, with people stepping up unexpectedly or teams going on just crazy runs, and this season is no different. Each team has some reasons to think they can go far, but a few potential things that could let others leap frog them. So let the season begin and lets find out how it’ll go! That is, after all, why we play the games.
— A Division —
— B Division —